Top 10
Other  
    Donations
    Stories Archive

Google Ads   

From The Gallery   

Hit Counter   

Our thanks to
for keeping track of the individual number of visitors to these pages for all these years, now totalling:
since June 6, 1996. We don't count "hits" which only tell you how many graphics and files are loaded, we actually count individual visits.

Link to PugsCom   

Site Security   

You have been warned!
We have caught 1376 shameful hackers.

NukeSentinel(tm)

Pugs.com :: View topic - Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit?
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your personal messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Search for at
Pugs.com Advanced Search

+
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
And we're back News and Announcements PugsCom 3 Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:07 am
allyzabethe View latest post
Have a GREAT Puggy New Year in 2014! News and Announcements PugsCom 1 Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:37 am

Recent Topics   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Corneal laceration Pug Patter afdani1984 3 Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:04 am
afdani1984 View latest post
Pug has neurological issues... Advice needed please!! Help! My Pug is . . . Dawson9a 11 Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:40 am
afdani1984 View latest post
Hemivertebrae Help! My Pug is . . . Alex88 2 Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:19 pm
PugsCom View latest post
tracheostomy in pugs Help! My Pug is . . . rosebaby 1 Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:08 am
My mooji is 51 days pregnant and due July 20 Breeding Pugs TerraC 5 Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:46 am

Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Pugs.com Forum Index -> Help! My Pug is . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gigi1
Puglova
Puglova

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:01 pm Post subject: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

Jack has been on antibiotics for 10 days, yesterday was his last day on med.   He was doing fine but I noticed he would eat grass and then spit it up.   On a couple of occassions when I came home I found spots in my rug where he spit up.    He has no diarrehea, and was eating normally until today.   He didn't eat his breakfast??    He spit up this yellow foam.    Like I said he was eating, drinking, going to the bathroom normally until today  - he didn't eat.    He goes back for re check on Friday.   He was taking antibiotic for his ear infection.    Now the paper for the side effects of the med said it might cause an upset stomach.    Jack has a very sensitive stomach  - I can't give him no treats.  

I feel like I live in a animal hospital.  My other dog has heart problems which I have to treat everyday.   Mad  Shocked  HELPPPPPP I just want to relax a little but I can't  - and when I go to this money hungry vet it will probably cost me another $300.00   What do you do when your dog is draining your money???    Angry
gigi1
Puglova
Puglova

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 pm Post subject: Re: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

All I wanted was a cute pug and now I have so many problems and the future doesn't look bright.    I have spent close to $2000.00 so far in surgery for Jack this year.   My husband is losing patience  - I paid for it with my own money but when do you say enough is enough.   He turns 6 this year.   These ear problems are driving me crazy!!!!!!!! Confused  very sad  Stunned  Mad  Mad  Angry  help  juggle  homage  Shocked  disapprove  dominant  Help! SOS!  boxing  HOT

I am just venting!!!

I just want him to be better and have a nice doggy life!!!    Vets make it so expensive that you DON'T WANT A DOG!!!! Mad
allyzabethe
Pugge Grande
Pugge Grande

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:37 pm Post subject: Re: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

Tallulah can't take amoxicillin. She actually vomits blood when she takes it. So yes, some meds can cause upset stomach.

I am sorry you are having to deal with two sick dogs. It's tough having a breed of dog that is known for being very expensive with vet bills.
_____
Check out my blog at
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Y'all come and see us!
brandisnez
Tail Chaser
Tail Chaser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

I never experienced vomit...but my pug has really bad diarrhea from antibiotics.
View user's profile Send personal message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sazzle
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:30 am Post subject: Re: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

both our dogs have been on antibiotics for various things and never had an upset stomach, but all dogs are different

If he has managed the course for 9 days without problem then an allergy is unlikely because that would have shown up a lot sooner

it could just be a coincidence, sometimes when dogs feel unwell they do just go and eat grass to induce vomiting, if hes been on the medication for nearly 2 weeks maybe his stomach is feeling a bit sensitive, as would anybody's.

Personally I wouldnt worry about it, just make sure he has plenty of fresh water to drink and keep giving him his usual portion of food. I'm sure he'll come around

I've only really got a couple of bits of advice for the ear problems. 1] identify a strict cleaning regime and a product that works, do it daily and keep it up. 2] book yourself a consultation with another vet. explain youre not happy with whats been suggested & all the surgeries etc, ask if there is anything that will help you with routine cleaning etc. 3] if the worst comes to the worst & you really don't feel you can afford to keep your dogs, I'm sure there are some good people on here who could advise on a good rehoming centre. Worst case scenario, but if thats what it comes to...
_____
***~*** Sarah & The Mitchell Brothers ***~***
sazzle
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:33 am Post subject: Re: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

Get registered or Log in

I dont know if this product is available where you are but this is what we use and it works brilliantly. It has a slim nozzle so you can squirt it right down into the ear canal. You then simply rub the ear so that it 'smooshes' around, let the dog shake it out, and wipe the inner ear dry with a clean cotton ball. I find if Stevie is itching his ears and making them red a few cleans with this in the day usually totally soothes it and by evening the redness has gone.

We feed Stevie natural yoghurt with his low fat kibble and this keeps yeasty ears at bay.
_____
gigi1
Puglova
Puglova

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

sazzle wrote (View Post):
http://www.vetuk.co.uk/ear-products-c-8/cleanaural-dog-ear-cleaner-p-655

I dont know if this product is available where you are but this is what we use and it works brilliantly. It has a slim nozzle so you can squirt it right down into the ear canal. You then simply rub the ear so that it 'smooshes' around, let the dog shake it out, and wipe the inner ear dry with a clean cotton ball. I find if Stevie is itching his ears and making them red a few cleans with this in the day usually totally soothes it and by evening the redness has gone.

We feed Stevie natural yoghurt with his low fat kibble and this keeps yeasty ears at bay.

Thanks for all the good advice - I have him on non fat yogurt mixed with his food.   I love my dogs so much, I would take out a loan just to keep up with the bills and never give them away.   I have $1,000.00 put away for just their emergencies.   The vet gave me a ear wash with antibiotic in it to use every 5 days before the ear infection happened again - it was a maintenance I was doing before another ear infection happened.    His ears will smell like yeast and then they get red.
sazzle
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:01 am Post subject: Re: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

i read this over the weekend and found it really useful, theres some good preventative tips
Get registered or Log in

Vit C supplement for antioxidant, rosemary / tea tree oil for pain relief from scratching, yoghurt, diluted white vinegar solution...... there are loads of things you can do to help him without having to pay hundreds of dollars to your vet

good luck =)
_____
sweetie
Tail Chaser
Tail Chaser

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:58 pm Post subject: Re: Can antiobiotics cause the dog to vomit? Reply with quote

My dog Ranger RIP used to get ear infections alot, my Vet recomended I use an over the counter antifunagal cream, it comes in a tube and can be found by the athletes foot creams.  I would clean out his ears and then put a dab on a Q-tip and smear it around his ears.  This worked so much better than all the other drops and creams that the vet prescribed, I also would give him plain yogurt.  I would do this a couple times a day at first then once it was under control I only needed to do it when I cleaned his ears about 1-2 times a week.  Hopefully this will help, it is much cheaper than all of the prescriptions.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Pugs.com Forum Index ->  Help! My Pug is . . . Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: