Top 10
Other  
    Donations
    Stories Archive

Google Ads   

From The Gallery   

Hit Counter   

Our thanks to
for keeping track of the individual number of visitors to these pages for all these years, now totalling:
since June 6, 1996. We don't count "hits" which only tell you how many graphics and files are loaded, we actually count individual visits.

Link to PugsCom   

Site Security   

You have been warned!
We have caught 1590 shameful hackers.

NukeSentinel(tm)

Pugs.com :: View topic - Bubba's Surgery Today
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your personal messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Search for at
Pugs.com Advanced Search

+
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
And we're back News and Announcements PugsCom 3 Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:07 am
allyzabethe View latest post
Have a GREAT Puggy New Year in 2014! News and Announcements PugsCom 1 Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:37 am
allyzabethe View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Is a PUG right for me? No Pug Yet - But Plenty of Questions! NJRonbo 23 Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:09 pm
PugsCom View latest post
Itching and scratching Pug Patter sweetie 3 Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:21 pm
Becky01007 View latest post
crusty nose Old Timers Ginapub 8 Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 pm
Rumples View latest post
5 month old just ate a hair grip Old Timers PretzelThePug 1 Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:16 pm
Rumples View latest post
Traveling with Chance Old Timers joecast40 2 Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:11 am
joecast40 View latest post

Bubba's Surgery Today

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Pugs.com Forum Index -> Help! My Pug is . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagicRe
Pugolescent
Pugolescent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:15 pm Post subject: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

We didn't tell him that we need to correct his eyes....we told him that he would look more chinese after, so he could be in touch with his roots....:)

we are getting ready to go to the eye doctor...his surgery is 12: 15 p.m. pst....and i wish it had been scheduled earlier.

poor guy is STARVING....and i'm anxious and nervous...i don't care what the success rate is...my poor baby is having surgery...

when it rains it pours, because malia, his sister, was just diagnosed with giardia....so now she doesn't feel so well....and can't be left alone..

hubby is taking the trip with bubba to check him into the vet hospital and then will come home and malia and i will go back with him...it's about an hour away...

please take a moment to think positive thoughts for my baby boy....and my old girl, malia....

i'm just a bit of a wreck right now.
Sampsonite
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:25 pm Post subject: Re: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

Positive thoughts being sent your way. Take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure everything will be fine.

**hugz**
_____
Sampson & Delilah
View user's profile Send personal message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
allyzabethe
Pugge Grande
Pugge Grande

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:33 pm Post subject: Re: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

Welcome to pughood. It's like having kids, all the stress they put us through.

Sending positive puggy vibes for Bubba's surgery and for Malia's recovery.

Let us know how it goes.
Froguy
Puglova
Puglova

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:59 pm Post subject: Re: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

Lots of pug hugs for your furbabies.  I pray everything will turn out fine.
_____
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Ann pugmom to Frodo
LaylaPie
Tail Chaser
Tail Chaser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:31 am Post subject: Re: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

Good thoughts are being sent your way. Keep us updated!
_____
Amy and Layla
Get registered or Log in
MagicRe
Pugolescent
Pugolescent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:52 pm Post subject: Re: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

thanks everyone....for all of the positive thoughts and pug prayers....he is my special boy boy...

he came through his surgery just fine.....the collar is a challenge for him...no one slept last night......he had a rough night...

the collar freaks him out --- i guess that's what a lot of dogs do...is freak out with these things.

i don't see how he can eat, even though they modified it....

it's an absolute mess to feed anything but dry kibble...

he's peed which is good, because it's under the 24 hour mark...

hasn't poo'd yet, but i have until monday before i worry about that...

he's knocking into walls...and i figure it will take a few days to adapt..

i don't want to give him the pain pills...at least...not before he's poo'd....tramadol slows down the intestines and bladder function...

other than that...well, it's gonna be a fun ride....for the next few days and the next three weeks.

and, in three weeks, we will know if this worked.....

malia has finally poo'd and it's not loose....it's kind of funny coloured, but there doesn't appear to be any blood in it..oh the things we discuss LOL

and hubby is getting over his cold....:)

it's like a hospital here.....
Sampsonite
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:27 am Post subject: Re: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

Glad to know he got through the surgery ok!!!

Also, you might want to check these out:
Get registered or Log in

Someone else here on the forum reccommended them to me when my little girl had surgery a few weeks ago. That e collar is amazing!!!! She could lay down in it without any issues and was able to sleep. The first night I used the collar the vet gave me and forget about it. We were up all night. The next day I went out and got that other ecollar. Its a bit pricey but worth every penny!!!
_____
Sampson & Delilah
View user's profile Send personal message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
atillasmom
Pugge Grande
Pugge Grande

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:36 am Post subject: Re: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

The problem with the inflatable collar (I think we talked about this already, but just in case we haven't) is that they can still rub their eyes ON things.  It is more comfortable-- what we did with Wicket was let him wear the inflatable when he was being supervised, but if we were going to have to be away from him, even for a minute, we put the regular e-collar on him.  Even the e-collar won't keep Malia from licking his eyes so don't leave them alone together at all.

Glad the surgery went ok-- I know how hard the recovery is.  Just hang in there.  I can tell you that I took tramadol for 8 years, it's a very safe pain pill (non-narcotic).  I have heard that it can cause constipation, so I guess it's smart to wait for him to poop.  I hope its soon so the little guy can have his pill.  Keep us posted.
_____
Amber mommy of Atilla and Wicket, the pugs
MagicRe
Pugolescent
Pugolescent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:13 pm Post subject: Re: Bubba's Surgery Today Reply with quote

well, he's like a little linebacker, this one....

he just charges into anything...me or the wall or the carpet....trying to get to his eyes...

unfortunately, we don't dare take this thing off...he is way too fast...and he simply cannot touch his eyes which are all stitched up....

he can't play with malia...he can't rough house...he can't be a normal little boy of two right now.

i would dearly love to take the collar off if only for feeding...what a mess that is. thanks for the link to the inflatable one. we did look at it and it was discussed during the 'oh darn...he needs surgery phase'....Smile but it won't keep his paws away from his eyes and he's simply too fast.

if it were just dry kibble, then we'd be fine...

but he has to take the same medicine that malia is on and that comes in powder..what a mess.

once the med situation is over, then we can feed both meals in kibble and some boiled chicken...

he hasn't figured out how to drink...

he bangs into things and can't figure out how to pee....

so 'sleepless in seattle' most definitely applies...but it isn't a love story right now.

right now, i'd like to hire in house care for this little boy.

who would think that 18 lbs....could be so strong.

last night, he was sleeping ON my head, since we're kind of leery about putting him in his kennel.

although...i think we are going to have to...because he is a danger to himself at sleep time..

and now that he's pooped, yes, at night we will give him the tramadol...

in three weeks, after his stitches are removed, i will be checking into a locked ward Smile
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Pugs.com Forum Index ->  Help! My Pug is . . . Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: