Top 10
Other  
    Donations
    Stories Archive

Google Ads   

From The Gallery   

Hit Counter   

Our thanks to
for keeping track of the individual number of visitors to these pages for all these years, now totalling:
since June 6, 1996. We don't count "hits" which only tell you how many graphics and files are loaded, we actually count individual visits.

Link to PugsCom   

Site Security   

You have been warned!
We have caught 1445 shameful hackers.

NukeSentinel(tm)

Pugs.com :: View topic - Hyper Puppies????
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your personal messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Search for at
Pugs.com Advanced Search

+
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
And we're back News and Announcements PugsCom 3 Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:07 am
allyzabethe View latest post
Have a GREAT Puggy New Year in 2014! News and Announcements PugsCom 1 Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:37 am
allyzabethe View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Is a PUG right for me? No Pug Yet - But Plenty of Questions! NJRonbo 13 Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:02 pm
NJRonbo View latest post
how to stop 1 yr old male from scratching my walls Puppies! Gotta Love 'Em, But . . . scottg 0 Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:06 pm
scottg View latest post
Allergies Help! My Pug is . . . dphiebeatle 13 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 am
joecast40 View latest post
Strawberry bump on lip Help! My Pug is . . . dvdchrisc 5 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:10 am
Please Help Winston Walk Pug Patter Winniewiggle 2 Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 am

Hyper Puppies????

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Pugs.com Forum Index -> Puppies! Gotta Love 'Em, But . . .
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brklyn2LA
Pug
Pug

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:06 pm Post subject: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

I know it is said that all puppies are hyper  Stunned . At what age do we start to see this subside with male pugs? And does it have anything to do with them not being fixed? Anxiously waiting for this stage to be over... Shocked  Shocked

.natalie
allyzabethe
Pugge Grande
Pugge Grande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

My girls turned 2 in late June. Still wack-o at times. Not non-stop, like 3 month old puppies, but still a lot of energy.

I don't know about males or neutering, but the puppy stage will last a while. Your best option is to exercise him within reason. That means short walks, play time, etc. Clear a spot in a room and let him run circles to tire himself out.
atillasmom
Pugge Grande
Pugge Grande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

My boys both calmed down around 1 year old, and we had both of them neutered at 6 months.
_____
Amber mommy of Atilla and Wicket, the pugs
aramsey
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

I have a puppy too named Marley. He is 4 months old and he gets really hyper when I get home from work as well as brief times during the day. I take that as my cue for playtime. I usually play fetch, tug of war etc for 15-20 minutes and that usually tires him out for a bit. If he won't settle down at night, I give him his special chew toy and he is asleep in no time. Hang in there, I hear it gets better after they can be fixed. How old is your pug?
NZPugLady
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:24 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

you could try taking your baby for a walk to let off some of that steam?
A tired puppy is less likely to be hyperactive.
Lots of playing, a short walk and you will probably see an improvement.
aramsey
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

I agree with the walks too, I just haven't yet as Marley isn't fully vaccinated. (one more set of shots to go) Two more weeks and we can finally go to the park too! Yeah!!
DarcyDoo
Pug
Pug

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:39 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

I have a 2 1/2 year old black male pug named Poppi who is just as hyper - maybe even more so than he was when he was a puppy.

He literally will not sit still.

I walk him about 45 mins (3 miles) a day, and when we get back from the walk he will sit still for about 10 minutes, and then he is ready to go again.

He runs around the house, bounces off the couches, and chairs etc.  

The only time he will even lay down is when he is in "his room."  (The laundry room with his bed in it.)

I was really hoping that it would wear off by now, but apparently, it is just part of the breed's personality.  Sometimes, I wish he would just sit in my lap and chill, but he won't.
_____
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
elgor
Pugfessional
Pugfessional

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

Cute boys you have there DarcyDoo!
Both of my fawn puggers settled down before they were 2 years old.
I think it's a BLACK PUG trait ... both of mine are just crazy all the time.
Of course, Liberty is still a puppy (8 months old) but Webster just turned 2.
I am so glad we have a fenced-in back yard so they can run and play.
Even after it gets dark and we make them come in they still run around like crazy.
Zoe and Peyton are ready for a nap before bed! LOL!!!
_____
Ellen ... Mommy to Zoe (4 -1/2 years); Peyton (4 years); Webster (3 years) and Liberty (2 years)
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in
Jebs
Puggish
Puggish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:30 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

It might very well be a trait in the black ones, I'm not sure but going by my experience, Henry is quite hyper, and laughable ALL the time.... Smile  where as his sister, Stella who is a fawn, is not nearly as big as he, and is allot less hyper ~ Henry has been known to tucker her out, lol.
_____
From: Deb who's owned by her little Bugger-Boy, Henry!! Smile
<a>Photobucket</a>
DarcyDoo
Pug
Pug

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:17 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

Thanks Elgor!

That's weird if it is only black puggies but you're right....those I know with fawn pugs don't seem to have such an issue.
_____
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in
YarrowPyxie
Pugfessional
Pugfessional

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:47 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

mimi didn't calm down till about 2.5 years old. now we have cuddles and naps all the time
missysmommy
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:46 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

My puppy was very active which was a contrast to my always-sleeping other pug. She slowed down a lot when she had puppies last month. She is not playful anymore but she is a great mom.
sazzle
Snarfler
Snarfler

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:23 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

we have 2 dogs who are 4 and 5

the eldest calmed down by about 1 year old and now hes lovely. he'll lay on your lap and fall asleep no bother

the other one still hasnt  Laughing  he still looks and acts just like a 6 month old puppy! I think he will be this way until his dying day Smile
_____
***~*** Sarah & The Mitchell Brothers ***~***
RiskyT
Pug
Pug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:00 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

I am a first time pug owner...her name is Ruby.  She's fawn and 10 1/2 weeks old now.  She's crazy active!  She's good at napping in between her crazy play times.  I can see that as she's growing older she's starting to slow down a little...and a little is being generous.  Her hyperness consists of chewing anything that is in her line of sight.  Nipping and biting.  I can't wait for the teething stage to stop.

She sleeps with me and after trying to nip and play for about 10 minutes after the lights are out she is ready for sleep, usually laying on my head and neck.  She sleeps through the night.   I love my cuddler.  She's awesome!
dexterman
Pug
Pug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 pm Post subject: Re: Hyper Puppies???? Reply with quote

I'll go with the BLACK PUG TRAIT! Dexter is a 6 month young unnutered black pug. And he is as hyper as a sprayed roach mainly when someone is visiting. I don't think he likes company. When someone comes over he jumps & runs & barks constantly. All the time they are there. And as soon as they walk out the door he is as calm as ever. It's embarrasing at times.
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Pugs.com Forum Index ->  Puppies! Gotta Love 'Em, But . . . Time synchronized with your computer time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: