Top 10
Other  
    Donations
    Stories Archive

Google Ads   

From The Gallery   

Hit Counter   

Our thanks to
for keeping track of the individual number of visitors to these pages for all these years, now totalling:
since June 6, 1996. We don't count "hits" which only tell you how many graphics and files are loaded, we actually count individual visits.

Link to PugsCom   

Site Security   

You have been warned!
We have caught 1611 shameful hackers.

NukeSentinel(tm)

Pugs.com :: View topic - GREAT News About PDE!!!
Forum Index  |  Search  |  Usergroups  |  Edit your profile  |  Members  |  Log in to check your personal messages
Ranks  |  Staff  |  Statistics  |  Board Rules  |  Forum FAQ  |  Log in

Search for at
Pugs.com Advanced Search

+
Latest Site News   Next 2 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
And we're back News and Announcements PugsCom 3 Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:07 am
allyzabethe View latest post
Have a GREAT Puggy New Year in 2014! News and Announcements PugsCom 1 Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:37 am
allyzabethe View latest post

Recent Topics   Next 5 >>  
 Forum   Author   Replies   Last Post 
Is a PUG right for me? No Pug Yet - But Plenty of Questions! NJRonbo 23 Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:09 pm
PugsCom View latest post
Itching and scratching Pug Patter sweetie 3 Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:21 pm
Becky01007 View latest post
crusty nose Old Timers Ginapub 8 Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:26 pm
Rumples View latest post
5 month old just ate a hair grip Old Timers PretzelThePug 1 Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:16 pm
Rumples View latest post
Traveling with Chance Old Timers joecast40 2 Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:11 am
joecast40 View latest post

GREAT News About PDE!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Pugs.com Forum Index -> News and Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PugsCom
Boss Bitch
Boss Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:58 pm Post subject: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

The Pug Dog Club of America has posted a notice that they are close to getting a test for PDE!

Read all about it here:
Please login to see this link
Get registered or Log in

Shocked Shocked WOW!!! Shocked  Shocked
_____
Check out Pugs.Com on
Get registered or Log in
and
Get registered or Log in
too!

Click the image to see the PugsCom toolbar!
Get registered or Log in
coleman
Pugfessional
Pugfessional

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:18 pm Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

happy dancing  YAY!
_____
Please login to see this image.
Get registered or Log in

"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." -Louis Sabin
DangerGirl
Pugaholic
Pugaholic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:44 pm Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Hey There BossB,

Wowee Zowee!!! This IS fantastic news. I must admit and it's to my shame that when doing research on buying a Pug I didn't come across any PDE warnings or info. In hindsight, I'm thrilled that I didn't because I'm a person who worries about everything and I fear had I know about PDE I would not have made the decision to get our pugs. What a mistake that would have been.

But once I was aware of this insidious disease, I watched Lola & Pearl like a hawk looking for any of the warning signs. I was a nervous wreck. Now, while I know PDE can appear in older dogs it usually appears early. Pearl & Lola celebrated their 5th birthday on June 6th. I continue to pray that PDE is a bullet that we have successfully dodged.

Bless everyone involved for working so hard to develop a PDE test. I do believe that the first step toward a cure.

Thanks for posting this important message for all Pug owners!!

Pug Hugs,
Elizabeth, Lola & Pearl
otisnlilysmom
Pugolescent
Pugolescent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 pm Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this good news. After losing a pug to PDE this is such good news for other pug owners. I still pray every day my precious Lily Grace will stay clear of this disease.
_____
Get registered or Log in

Mom to Otis Raiford (11/2/05 to 12/28/09) Lily Grace 8/2/07...
fenrira
PugMas'08 1st
PugMas'08 1st

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:29 am Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the update!!! That is truly fantastic news!!!!
_____
Get registered or Log in

Amy mom to Moe who is my Heart...
Jebs
Puggish
Puggish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 pm Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

thank you
_____
From: Deb who's owned by her little Bugger-Boy, Henry!! Smile
<a>Photobucket</a>
pugmuffinsmomma
Pugaholic
Pugaholic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:41 pm Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Wow! Good news!
_____
Get registered or Log in
puglife
MomOfTheYear
MomOfTheYear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:55 am Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

This is absolutely awesome news!!!  WOO WOO!!!
_____
Kelly & Bubba
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
KimbaPug
Pugolescent
Pugolescent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:41 am Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Wow, When I got Lucy, 7 years ago, I must have put in about 100 man hours researching pugs. More than that on dog breeds in general. Then when I finally decided on a pug, I researched pugs for months. I never heard of PDE? And what's even scarier, Lucy had a couple seizures her first week home...In the end, it was hypoglycemia. I researched Seizures in dogs because of it, and I never saw anything about PDE?? So strange.

It's extremely scary to read about though...Thanks for the insight!
PugsCom
Boss Bitch
Boss Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

PDE has been a low-profile issue for a while in the breed. Only a very few dogs get it, and so little was known about it, that there were all sorts of theories and ideas, but hardly any facts. We've been luckier than most in that we were in a very limited way assisting Dr Greer with her studies over the years - not the medical stuff, we are not veterinarians - and that allowed us to know about what was going on in her research, and others that she was in touch with. But it's really only now becoming much more common as we now what we do about it.

There was some new information presented at the Pug Dog Club of America's national show last month that we're trying to get... um... 'translated' into terms that most folks can understand. It's important to us to get the most recent information out to pug owners in a way that you can understand. Once we get that together, we'll be sure to post it or post a link to it!
_____
Check out Pugs.Com on
Get registered or Log in
and
Get registered or Log in
too!

Click the image to see the PugsCom toolbar!
Get registered or Log in
KimbaPug
Pugolescent
Pugolescent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

That's so interesting. I am still so shocked I never came across anything about PDE  7 years ago, with all the research I did on dogs, and then specifically pugs in general.

I find it interesting that hypoglycemia and PDE have very similiar symptoms. I know sugar is extremely important to brain function, and hypoglycemia is one of Neurosurgery's worst nightmares. I'm an ICU nurse, and when I have a Neuro patient, they are not allowed to go on insulin drips for the most part as per Neurosurg. They would rather they be hyperglycemic, than hypo.

Thanks for the info!!!
Kim
ErieHarmons
Pug
Pug

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:50 am Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Hello. New here, and to the pug breed. Could someone link me to more info on PDE? Never heard of it.

Thanks
KimbaPug
Pugolescent
Pugolescent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:14 am Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Here's some sites I looked at...
Get registered or Log in

Get registered or Log in
ErieHarmons
Pug
Pug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:10 pm Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Thank you for the links. Always good to be informed... such a sad, sad thing.
wancheselady
Pug
Pug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:21 am Post subject: Re: GREAT News About PDE!!! Reply with quote

Happy   while i am so very happy that they are close to getting a test...i will be even happier once a cure is located.  very sad  i had a wonderful little pug named Sammy....Silkdragon Wahoo Sam Coyote was his birth name and with his third birthday just a week away when he fell sick with PDE on christmas evening a few years ago and died the next day on my birthday.  we stayed up all night  with seizures and the "spiral walking circles" when he was able to stand.....the seizures became so fierce and bad...i stayed with him feeling so helpless as they tried to treat him...  it is an experience i do not wish on any pug or pug mom/dad.  even the vets were in tears over how bad and intense it gets.  
very sad
I often watch my pugs i have now but knowing they are well over the 1-3 years which is the primary ages of affliction, i feel a little more relaxed..i am just now after a few years after the fact, just getting so that i am considering getting a pug puppy..but scared that i may face the same problem.  PDE is just so hard to watch your loved furry children to go through...it is hard to bring myself to get to that point of allowing a younger pug in the household.   Sad One day hopefully they will have a cure.
View user's profile Send personal message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic  Reply to topic   printer-friendly view Pugs.com Forum Index ->  News and Announcements Time synchronized with your computer time
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: